Olivier salad is an easy and delicious Russian potato salad! This Russian staple dish can be served as a side dish or enjoyed on its own. The article and photos were produced exclusively for Dep Magazine January 2015 issue.
Ingredients (make 1 cup)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 3 dill pickles, chopped, or more to taste
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
Equipment (available at Kitchen Art Store)
Place potatoes and carrots into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cold.
Dice potatoes and carrots.
Combine potatoes, carrots, sweet peas, pickles, onion, bologna, and eggs together in a large bowl.
Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, and black pepper gently into potato mixture until well combined.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, at least 30 minutes.