This Fruity cocktail reminds us of the Mediterranean Summer, carrying a passionate color of red from the combination red wine and the natural colors of fresh fruits. You don’t need an expensive wine to have a good glass of Sangria, so go ahead and use that cheap bottle you have been hiding at the back of your kitchen.
- 750 ml bottle of red wine (Cabernet or Savignon)
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 red apples
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean
- 20g sugar (to taste)
- 45 ml of Brandy (optional)
- 1 can of lime soda
- Dice the apples to bite size.
- Cut the lemons and oranges into 5 slices of each. Squeeze out the rest.
- Cut open up the vanilla bean. Use the back of the knife to get out the bean flesh. Keep the skin for later.
4. Add the sugar into the big jug or big bowl, mix up with the Champaign and Brandy. Then add up the vanilla bean. Mix until incorporated.
5. Add the sugar to the mixture. Add the lemons, orange juice and slices of citrus. For extra flavor, the orange zest can be added. Cover with food wrap.
6. Chill out in the fridge from 3 – 5 hours (best to chill overnight). Before serving, you can add lime soda and ice for extra freshness.
Spiegelau Wine/Cocktail Glass (Germany) as featured in the article is now available at Kitchen Art Store (No 38/27 Xuan Dieu Str., Tay Ho Dist, Hanoi)